when you're around, my heart makes this sound
Oh hello, neglected blog. I would blame it on the summer weather, but let's not kid ourselves.
Anyhow, here's a random assortment of catch up points.
1) The Vic Square Block Party has a date: September 4th... which really makes me regret agreeing to stay an extra night in Whistler after the wedding I'm going to on the 3rd. For everyone else, they've already confirmed via Twitter that Sun Wizard are playing, with, of course, many more acts to come.
2) Cam Reed has a new night at the Astoria called You Could Do Worse Wednesdays. No live acts (yet), but it's $2 and, really, if you're looking for something to do on a Wednesday, you could do worse. The first one was last night (I was at the Biltmore, so I wasn't there) and it runs every two weeks.
3) Speaking of the Biltmore, last night's Rock n Roll Pizza Party was the second time I've caught Blondewich live and I'm pretty stoked on them, particularly the garage-punk/girl-group hybrid "Boom Boom," which they closed with last night.
4) If you're not skipping it in favour of Cold Cave/Austra, TVOTR, or Thurston Moore/Kurt Vile, you're officially reminded that Cults got moved from the Waldorf to Venue.
5) And for no particular reason, Sophie Madeleine covering the Chiffons' "One Fine Day" as part of her 30 Covers, 30 Days project:
now playing: Summer Camp - Better Off Without You