baby, i'm a fool
Today, someone very special to me is celebrating a birthday.
Jess is sort of obsessed with sappy, indie love tunes, which isn't terrible, since, as you've probably noticed, I have a bit of a soft spot for sappy, indie love tunes, but honestly, a whole tape worth of this stuff is a bit much. But again, birthdays only come once a year, so here's a special edition of "i'll make you a tape" that showcases Jess' picks: a mix full of all-time favourites, "Quinn, you have to hear this", and "but it's just so sweet."
Happy 22nd, Dear.
2. New Buffalo - I've Got You and You've Got Me
3. the Decemberists - Angel, Won't You Call Me?
4. the Blow - Parentheses
5. Sixpence None the Richer - Kiss Me
6. Hermane Dune - 1, 2, 3 Apple Tree
7. Stars - the Aspidistra Flies
8. Magnetic Fields - the Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side
9. REM - At My Most Beautiful.
10. Tegan and Sara - Love Type Thing
11. Hello Saferide - Get Sick Soon
I'm going to try out this muxtape thing. So you can stream this sentimental junk.
i'll make you a tape, vol. 10: birthday fools' edition
Truth be told, Jess (likes to play like she) is ice cold, so she'd never listen to that. But here's some stuff she would listen to... (sort of) mixed for your listening pleasure.
1. the Beatles - Birthday
2. Gang of Four - Return the Gift
3. the Sonics - Psycho
4. the Jesus & Mary Chain - Head On
5. New Order - Blue Monday
6. Maximum Joy - Stretch (99 Records Version)
7. Feist - 1234 (Van She Tech Remix)
8. David Bowie - Rebel, Rebel
9. Prince - Raspberry Beret
10. Daft Punk - Da Funk
11. MIA - Paper Planes (DFA Mix)
12. TI - Why You Wanna
13. Judas Priest - Breaking the Law
download: Jess' Birthday Mix
Yeah, I just made a whole post for an inside joke that two people got. If you don't like it, go read Pitchfork.
now playing: Whiskeytown - Mirror, Mirror
dude... the dawson's creeks song!? pfftt... all i'm thinking of doing for love is moving to saskatoon.
we're not dating because of her music taste, ok.
I'm always wary of anything said/written/posted on April Fool's, but over at Dead Air Space, it looks like Radiohead has set up a remix contest for Nude.
And supposedly the tour dates for west coast will be announced today.
And that is one cavity-inducing mixtape. In a good way.
It's just nice seeing a little sonics love, april fools or no.